A heartwarming, intimate and amusing memoir of a father's experience raising his autistic son.
When Tom Fields-Meyer's son Ezra was three and showing early signs of autism, a therapist suggested that the father needed to grieve.
"For what?" he asked.
The answer: "For the child he didn't turn out to be."
That moment helped strengthen the author's resolve to do just the opposite: to love the child Ezra was, a quirky boy with a fascinating and complex mind. Full of tender moments and unexpected humor, Following Ezra is the story of a father and son on a ten-year journey from Ezra's diagnosis to the dawn of his adolescence. It celebrates his growth from a remote toddler to an extraordinary young man, connected in his own remarkable ways to the world around him.
- Classic Holiday Literature
- Holiday Cooking & Entertaining
- Holiday Crafts & Decorating
- Holiday Christian Fiction eBooks
- Holiday Humor
- Holiday Inspiration and Traditions
- Holiday Romance eBooks
- New eBook additions
- New York Times Bestsellers - Adult Non-Fiction eBooks
- Holiday Fiction Audiobooks
- Holiday Humor Audiobooks
- Holiday Christian Fiction audiobooks
- Holiday Romance Audiobooks
- New audiobook additions
- Most popular
- New York Times Bestsellers - Adult Non-Fiction Audiobooks
- Holiday Videos
- Available now
- Award-Winning Videos
- Health & Wellness Videos
- Learn Something New
- Most popular
- New video additions
- Travel Videos
- Try something different